Day 13 FINAL DAY - Trearddur Bay to Holyhead

So today we set off, once again in unbelievably fine weather, to walk the final leg (no pun intended!) of our challenge.  I had only vague memories of visiting Trearddur and South Stack lighthouse in the late 1960's when we stayed in a caravan in Benllech, but I hadn't remembered how pretty and interesting the coastal area is as you leave Trearddur Bay.

           

Well, apart that is from the dark eerie big house perched on the cliffs to the left - is it the spooky home of the Addams Family??


This morning my phone was on fire  - not literally, but it was regularly pinging with people donating to our Just Giving page after I'd sent out a last minute appeal to try and reach £2000.  It was Michael McIntyre who inspired me with his 'send to all' slot 😄 but it did mean I had to teach myself how to 'broadcast' 😁)


A bit thoughtful today as I walked - we've had hair-raising, funny, crazy moments on this 'journey' - there, I said it!! - but when am I going to walk this beautiful coastline again? ❓❓




And these lovely coves with sandy beaches, all to yourselves off season?


A wall of memory to lives lost - those who loved this area, a few souls taken prematurely.


This one struck a chord - so close to my own age, yet here I am tramping the coast of Anglesey full of vitality - but let's not mention the odd creaky joint and the recently operated metatarsal osteophyte!!!



Met some Austrians on our walk today - gave them a bit of a shock when I chatted to them in German - in Wales und England spricht keiner Deutsch, haben sie gesagt!!  Hat doch Spass gemacht, mit ihnen zu plaudern.



This was the beginning of the area called the Range - breathtakingly beautiful and quiet.




Extreme sports fans out today for a spot of cliff climbing and canoeing.


South Stack lighthouse finally coming into view!



Where better for a bit of lunch and a brew?



Holyhead mountain - very threatening - good job we navigated round North Stack - couldn't face another cliff experience like those in the Cemaes area 😱


ALMOST there - afternoon pit stop at Breakwater Country Park


Walking along the Prom in the centre of Holyhead - people are so amazing - a car pulls in and a couple of young lads pass us a donation for the collecting tin 💓👍




We made it - a bit tired, but relieved and proud of our achievement!!








https://www.justgiving.com/page/gill-bruce-1712272574056

Comments

Popular posts from this blog